The History of the Historical Society
The Historical Society of Porter County (HSPC), originally the Porter County Historical Society (PCHS), was founded by 28 charter members in 1912. The first President of the PCHS was Mr. Martin Arvine Gregory. The organization's initial purpose was to both preserve and promote PorterCounty history.
Visiting Moscow? Hotel isn t the best way, go to kvart-hotel.com | Professional rent house spain place | Find the perfect grammar checker ever from grammar base.
Upon the realization that he could no longer allocate the time, Mr. Gregory turned over control of the PCHS to the Daughter's of The American Revolution (DAR) on December 6th, 1929. Both the organization and collection of the PCHS were entrusted to the William Henry Harrison chapter of the DAR. From 1929 to 1949, the regent of the DAR also acted as the President of the PCHS.
After a lapse in time and new state laws, the PCHS lost its incorporated status. On October 6th, 1948, Miss Ruth Robbins and other members re-filed the organization under the name Historical Society of Porter County, Inc.During the meeting on January 25th, 1949, Miss Robbins separated the HSPC from the DAR and held elections to form a new board of directors. Under the direction of Mr. T.O. Dillon, the first President of the Historical Society of Porter County, the organization worked to achieve the same goals as it does today.
flyleaf | 合コン 名古屋
Working with an agent and comparing auto insurance quotes michigan can be great
Lexapro side effects